Graphic Design Output Technician
Lincoln, Nebraska, USA
• Prior graphic printing experience preferred but not required
• Degree course work preferred but not required
• Stable and progressive work history required
• Excellent hand-eye coordination
• Ability to learn new systems and software
• Able to work under deadline pressure
• Strong computer skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Able to work independently and communicate within a team environment
• Professional appearance and demeanor
• Flexible and open to change
• Self-starter and Results oriented
• Detail oriented and analytical skills
• Ability to lift up to 70 pounds frequently
• Ability to grasp and lift up to 5 pounds constantly
• Ability to learn postal and other shipping regulations.
• Able to work with minimal supervision
• Ability to travel both air and surface – valid driver’s license required
• Able to maintain confidentiality of various projects
The Graphic Design Output Technician is responsible for operating and managing the graphic printing software and hardware at Sandhills Global. They will work with different software and equipment to create graphic material for Sandhills and any related entity or company. Specifically, the job will work with Canon Large format Arizona flatbed printers and Colorado roll printers. The position also will be responsible for large format trimming using Colex flatbed CNC automated trimmer. They also will use Duplo hydraulic trimmers to prepare card stock and other materials for production printing. Other duties will include, but not limited to setup and operation of Konica Minolta four color c12000 AccurioPress production printers to produce cards, brochures, mailers and other printed materials; processing of production printed media using a fully automated Duplo DC-618 slitter – cutter – creaser; and print offline manual processing to include hand trimming, gluing, edge banding of banners, installing grommets with hand tools, assembling pop up displays and trade show booth displays.
This position will involve printing materials, troubleshooting issues, and delivering the materials in a timely manner. Attention to detail will be necessary to catch any printing mistakes and to correct those mistakes as necessary. This position will involve meeting many deadlines. This position requires a valid drivers license and ability to lift up to 70 pounds. A high level of detail and confidentiality is also required. Assume other duties as assigned. Two shift options – 8 am to 5 pm or 6 am to 3 pm. Shifts will be agreed upon with manager.