Press Technician - Overnight
Lincoln, Nebraska, USA
• Degree course work preferred
• Stable and progressive work history
• Mechanical aptitude essential
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Computer skills
• Able to learn quickly, embrace responsibility and accept accountability
• Flexible and open to change
• Able to maintain attention to detail and quality while working at a rapid pace
• Able to work individually and communicate in a team environment
• Excellent hand-eye coordination
• Able to frequently grasp, lift and stack bundles that weigh up to 35 pounds
• Able to occasionally lift and carry 50 pounds for short distances
• Able to infrequently assist department members in installation and repair of rollers
• Able to stand for the duration of the shift
• Able to pass color blindness test
• Able to lift pallets, weighing up to 50 pounds, and stack them up to five feet high
• Ability to travel both air and surface – valid driver’s license required
The Printing Mechanical Technician will work in all aspects of the Production and Maintenance Department. This includes working with all components of a printing operation: press and bindery operation, plate output, and maintenance of equipment. Responsibilities will include operating, repairing and maintaining all the machinery, equipment and the technology that are essential to the department's work. Previous mechanical experience is beneficial.
Duties may also include minor repairs and moving equipment. Assume other duties as assigned.
This is an overnight shift - 10 hours/shift. 9 pm to 7 am Monday thru Thursday.