Janitor Team Lead
Lincoln, Nebraska, USA
• 5 + years of prior cleaning experience
• Stable and progressive work history
• High attention to detail
• Self starter and willing to accept responsibility
• Able to prioritize work
• Ability to read and fully understand cautions and warnings
• Ability to communicate effectively with management and co-workers
• Ability to operate cleaning equipment as required
• Ability to work on your feet for extended periods of time
• Ability to lift, and/or move up to 50 lbs
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Ability to safely work with and around common cleaning products
• Flexible and open to change
• Basic computer skills
• Ability to travel both air and surface – valid driver’s license required
Now offering a 4.5-day workweek!
The Janitor Team Lead is a “Hands on” position. They are responsible for routine cleaning in all buildings. They must check all buildings daily for cleaning quality issues, and communicate these with the facilities manager and taking appropriate steps to address quality issues.
The Team Lead will need to fill in at areas where additional cleaning coverage is needed. They must communicate with cleaning staff about the need to fill in or cover in other areas as needed. They will work with the Facilities Manager to find solutions that contribute to increased quality of cleaning and cleaning processes as well as work with cleaning staff to implement these solutions in all buildings. The Team Lead will provide training for new janitorial/housekeeping employees using Sandhills Global standards and processes. This will include doing periodic inventory counts, placing orders with suppliers, receiving shipments, checking-in inventory and assisting with distribution of supplies to buildings. They will learn Sandhills processes for the mailroom and will serve as an effective backup to the mailroom coordinator when required.
They must adhere to all safety regulations. Assume other duties as assigned.