Lincoln, Nebraska, USA
The Mail Coordinator is responsible for packaging and shipping outgoing materials and for receiving and distributing incoming materials. They will work with different vendor software to create shipments and run reports. This position will involve daily trips to and from the post office along with other spots around the community. They are responsible for handling all interoffice mail, office supply request and delivery, and other related tasks. This position requires a valid drivers license and ability to live up to 50 pounds. A high level of detail and confidentiality is also required. Pay starts at $16/hour. Assume other duties as assigned.
• Degree course work preferred
• Ability to lift up to 70 pounds frequently
• Ability to grasp and lift up to 5 pounds constantly
• Ability to learn postal and other shipping regulations
• Excellent hand-eye coordination
• Valid driver’s license
• Able to work under deadline pressure
• Stable and progressive work history
• Strong computer skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Able to work independently and communicate within a team environment
• Professional appearance and demeanor
• Flexible and open to change
• Results oriented
• Detail oriented and analytical skills
• Able to work with minimal supervision
• Ability to travel both air and surface – valid driver’s license required
• Able to maintain confidentiality of various projects
Essential Duties and Tasks:
• Working within the task order system to fulfill requests.
• Working within different vendor software – UPS Worldship – to create shipments and run reports
• Picking up daily mail from the post office
• Sorting and delivering mail to appropriate departments.
• Handling all interoffice mail
• Receiving current pubs from production and timely distribution to the different buildings
• Monitoring office supply and promo item levels in storage and at various locations in buildings. Keeping these items stocked as needed. Delivering these items to individuals as needed
• Delivering requested office supplies and promo items to individuals in all buildings
• Handling requests for travel apparel and distributing those requests when needed to the appropriate locations.
• Placing orders for janitorial supplies through our internal system. Receiving orders, putting away and keeping an accurate inventory of these items
• Permanent record storage. Adding items to storage and retrieving items when requested.
• Making appropriate decisions on shipping methods to ensure packages arrive at their destinations on time.
• Preparing, labeling and shipping pub display racks – require lifting up to 50 lbs
• Supporting the Travel and Event Coordinator with preparing shipments for trade shows with appropriate documentation and return labels.
• Preparing customs paperwork for international shipments
• Handling sensitive mail, filling out tracking or certified mail documentation and ensuring these items are properly handled to ensure on-time delivery.
• Delivering daily bank deposits to two bank locations.
• Working with shipping companies over the phone to arrange pick-ups.