Lincoln, Nebraska, USA
Staff Attorney will provide a wide range of legal services to supported businesses within a number of different industries, including, but not limited to, agriculture, food production, commercial real estate, construction, hospitality, and golf.
Primary responsibilities will include:
Now offering a 4.5 day workweek!
1. Providing legal counsel and advice to management and staff within all areas handled by the legal function, including employment matters, intellectual property, litigation, regulatory compliance, data security, corporate governance, real estate, risk management and other legal matters relevant to company operations.
2. Developing and executing legal processes handled by the legal function.
3. Performing legal research and analysis in association with business operations and initiatives.
4. Draft and modify contracts and related documents as a part of a coordinated process with leadership, finance, and external clients.
5. Developing and executing key metric reporting.
6. Assisting with legal projects and initiatives as needed.
7. Engage and manage outside legal counsel when unique and/or complex legal matters related to business operations arise.
8. Performing such other related duties that may arise from time to time in support of the efforts of the legal function.
- A Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school and a valid license to practice law in the State of Nebraska.
- 2+ years of legal practice experience at a law firm or in-house legal department.
- Demonstrated ability to draft and negotiate a broad range of contractual agreements.
- Strong ability to identify legal risks and develop controls to mitigate or eliminate such risks.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills.
- Exemplary written and oral communications skills, including the ability to summarize issues and the means to address them.
- Self-starter with strong motivation and sense of ownership.
- Outstanding attention to detail, multi-tasking, time management, and organizational skills
- Ability to quickly prioritize and meet critical and sometimes competing deadlines
- Ability to exercise discretion in handling confidential and sensitive matters